Layout

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Nothing like the smell of mink in the morning

Mink farms?
Yes, they are real. Yes, there are four within a 1 mile radius of us and yes, they're weird, and mean and smelly. Verrrrrrry smelly.

Before we moved here I didn't really think they existed. I had heard of mink coats, but I thought they were made in China or something. Silly me.
The mink farm smell has been getting pretty bad lately. Yesterday was the absolute worst that I have EVER smelled it. As in "seriously Jory, do that in the other room- oh wait that isn't you it's the mink farm terrible..".
It's been so nice to have our windows open lately to skip our money air (ac)... but we can hardly keep the windows open cause the smell is so bad! (At least yesterday)
So that's pretty fun.

Also, we've got another ... factor that's contributing to our early morning wake ups, (besides smells).
Meet Mr. Rooster.


Every morning we here him cockadoodling ... Jor says, that sounds like it's RIGHT outside our window! And it really does. It's not too loud, but it makes me smile because growing up at my parents house... living in apartments... in REXBURG even... I've never had the pleasure of waking up to a real life rooster.

So, yesterday while wandering around in the early morn with my camera, I heard a cockadoodling and followed it until I found the culprit... a orangey pretty rooster that looks like a girl. Are all roosters boys? I think he's a she. She seemed pretty bugged that I was invading her personal space but I had to document it for Jory to see our newest alarm clock.

(above: our friend "cockadoodling")

No comments:

Post a Comment