Layout

Sunday, September 25, 2011

life in motion

Yay for photography!
I started a beginning DSLR photography class last week and I've really enjoyed it. I was kind of nervous to start it - thinking that I would most definitely be the "most-beginner" and not know what I was doing. And.. most of the time I really don't, but I'm learning lots already and I totally love it. I've learned that our eyes make everything we see into a constant flowing movie- photography can stop this "movie" and capture views that we would normally, never see. Obviously.
Sooo... my first assignment was to show and freeze motion. Here's what I've come up with.


Yes that was I, sitting in the back of the car, next to this scooter-ing boy with my camera sticking out the window... going back... and forth and back and forth for an hour mind you- down the road, blocking traffic, just trying to get this perfect shot! It was totally worth it.

This was taken at Salem Pond (if you're feelin down about your fishing skills I highly recommend this spot to build up your fishing confidence- we know from experience). It took an hour to get one picture of this dragon fly flapping it's crazy fast wings!

This was taken with my shutter speed at 30 seconds- 30 SECONDS!


These last pictures were taken at Bridal Veil Falls yesterday at 8:00 in the am. I showed up in flip flops and holy macrol it was freezing! I was actually kind of bummed it was so freezing, I could have been there a lot longer, but after awhile I was completely miserable and my poor chubby toes could handle no more. Having your shutter speed open captures the coolest shots while shooting water!

Yesterday we also went boating with our new found friend ward-ys and we're so happy we went. The weather was amazing the water was calm- grossly green, and it was sooo nice to be outside. Ah we want a boat!
Here's some of my mans motion on the water yesterday. I'll save the worst for last.


and for the worst.... : ) this was about all the motion I got

I'll get up next time I promise. But can I just tell you?
Alotta sore for not alotta action.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah! I am absolutely amazed by your talent, you little photographer you! I would not have guessed you were a beginner. Oh, and I want to learn from you. I took a class at BYU-I a couple years ago and sadly feel as though I have forgotten everything. P.S. I LOVE that you are still smiling and stinking cute even though you're IN the water and not ON the water.

    ReplyDelete