Layout

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

peroxide

We got to go to Bear Lake with Jory's family this weekend!

The trip consisted of... driving, pretty Idaho fields, four wheeling, chatty children, floating on the lake and thinking that you could probably die floating on that lake and be okay... Getting up close and personal with cows and smashing over there pies and it splattering all over your tires. 

Raspberry shakes that were way too big and yes we waited in line for over a half hour for them. 
It had me laying in the back seat- wait, it wasn't a seat, the back area of your car, you know. Where you put your luggage and stuff? Yes. I laid there. In my wet swim suit on top of towels and tubes. But I had a bag of cheetos with me, just me in the back, so it wasn't too bad. Not really going to think about that image though for too long. Ha! 

It was super fun and made me and Jory think about moving to Montpieler for a minute. Never thought I'd ever say that! 

Any way. We did really well on packing for this trip. Almost remembered everything that we needed, you know how that never happens. So, what we DID forget, was my contact solution- case, glasses, everything. 
Which, guilty. Yes, I am one of those who forgets to take out there contacts when she sleeps. I'll just admit it. So I wasn't too worried about it. 
Until Saturday morning when my contacts felt like they were vacuumed to my eyebawls. Groggily, I rolled out of bed and went to a  bathroom in the house where I remembered seeing someones contact solution and contacts.
So, rationally thinking of course, I decided to steal a drop of contact solution so I could get some sort of moisture to my withering away eyes. 

The smart thing to do would probably have been to ask if I could borrow that solution, maybe ask if it was contact solution? But. No, I just squirted that bottle with the RED cap in my eye... (finding out later that red means DO NOT PUT IN EYES). 
Before I knew it. Completely freaking out, I was splashing water into my eye as fast I could because- an intense burning pain consumed my eye and that left quarter of my face. My eye was instantly cherry red. And I was left thinking what. an. idiot. I was. With tears streaming down my face I scrambled to read what the crap I had just put in my eye... 

hydrogen peroxide cleaner. 

perfect. 

So for that first couple minutes I was thinking, okay, we're going to have to take me to emergency room because I'll be blind from using cleaner in my eye, when I could have just read that stupid bottle, asked Jorys sister if I could have borrowed some eye drops?

I didn't tell anyone for a day I was too embarrassed.

Oh.. I guess I learned from that experience. : )

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel too bad Sarah! When I first used Clear Care I didn't let them sit long enough and burnt my eyes too. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete