Layout

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

full

Sometimes I get so focused on the terrible awful things that happen around us that I seem to go through life not recognizing all the great things. There's nothing personally really terrible awful in my life at all right now-my life is pretty perfect honestly. It's just all the sad things you hear about, those things on the news that make your heart twist and turn and feel like crying for those poor people. (yes, I am always an emotional mess)
It's been on my mind a lot and for moments when I think about it, it brings me down, makes me paus sulk a little in the sadness for these people.

 But something neat has happened lately, with almost every terrible thing I hear about, something sweet and powerful and good comes from it. 
I truly believe everything happens for a reason, and I like seeing these hints of comfort in these situations. I'm left overwhelmed sometimes at how life is so good to us. Most of the time you over look though it- I feel like I do.



Speaking of over looking things... Me and Jor are avid netflix and hulu participators. If it's 9:30 pm and you're wondering what we're doing?  Most likely we're smushed on the couch, gummy bears and ice water in hands while BOTH and I mean both, of us have tears streaming down our faces while watching the biggest loser. Seriously? Seriously. Guilty pleasures. 

Any way- the other night, it was just us, and we decided to forgo the traditional ep and gummies. We ate dinner in the grass outside next to our baby buns, played cards all night refusing to go to bed if one of us was the loser- because we were both planning on dominating the other. What I'm trying to say is that this night was so much more memorable than any other netflix night... We had so much fun, laughed and really loved being together. Little things like that make me realize how much time I waste focused on things that don't really do anything for me and make me over look some really, really good stuff.

So that was blab for the day- : )


No comments:

Post a Comment