Layout

Sunday, February 5, 2012

teevee

Some may say that we have a t.v. from 1985. (it actually has been said.)

But not anymore!

Jordon (my brother) got a hd 50 inch(ish?) t.v. from the beautiful ksl for free-the t.v. didn't work. It would turn on, then turn right back off again. Jory and Jay being the machos that they are, thought that they could put their brains together and make that big ol thing work.

So, about a month ago- they diagnosed it, then bought some parts on amazon (for thirty bucks) including, a soldering kit and some computer chip things that I really have no idea what they are.
The parts came, and the soldering kit stunk- so that awesomely huge t.v. started making a home for itself in our kitchen, collecting dust.

UNTIL ... dun dun dun. Last weekend. Jay brought over a super duper soldering kit and we- no no, I did nothing in this, THEY, got working.
They literally melted off melted, sucked it out, replaced computer chips and melted metal back in to secure them. It was pretty crazy and I honestly have been pretty impressed.

sooo cute when they concentrate


So, motherboard put back into place, wires clamped, and screws tightened... here's what happened next.
We seriously weren't expecting anything to happen.



Now it sits where it belongs and I have my kitchen back. Technically I really don't have my kitchen back, now in the teevees spot is taken over by the most adorable baby bunnies you've ever seen. Despite what Jory thinks I couldn't be happier thy're in the kitchen and really, I wish they were in our room- but don't tell him that I said that. )


No comments:

Post a Comment