Layout

Sunday, February 12, 2012

a lovers getaway


I think we're starting a tradition.
Every Valentine's Day weekend me and Jory like to go on a "getaway" at least an hour away (this is only our second time, mind you). Somewhere where we don't normally go- somewhere over night- and maybe something a little awkward.

Last year we went to Lava Hot Springs and stayed in the most funny, animal infested, bed and breakfast. It was allergic and awkward and so much fun!

SOOO this Valentines we went to... the huge, the glorious... MANTI!
We turned off our cell phones to take away distractions and held hands like newly weds everywhere we went.

The weekend consisted of greasy burgers at a drive-in with the most comforting fireplace I've ever stood by. We went to the temple- it just amazes me how beautiful those are inside! It was gorgeous. Our hotel was room- was old. The Manti House Inn was originally built in 1888 so if that tells you anything about how modern, classy, or new it was- it wasn't. But the lace draped everywhere and oversized jetted tub made it all worth it!


After a dinner that wasn't a drive-in or lotsa motsa pizza (miraculously!) we took a walk where we ended up laughing our guts out on a teeter-totter.

I never forget how much I love my husband, but some weekends it becomes more apparent.



1 comment:

  1. Scott and I went to Manti last year for our anniversary. It was probably one of my most favorite little trips we've taken together!

    ReplyDelete