Layout

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

depth perception

I've had fantastic vision until my second year in college. Then I started sitting at the front of the class because I HAD to, not because I wanted to. Not like I would ever, really ever, sit at the front of the class because I wanted to... really guys I didn't do that...
Anyway. Then about a year ago, I decided I really should get serious about this "seeing stuff" when I realized I couldn't see the road that well in the wee early mornings driving to work. Shh don't tell anyone.
So now I wear my contacts that I finally learned to put in after a many frustrated and emotional -even a bit teary nights with a husband not knowing how the heck he could help his distraught wife poke her in the eye to get the stupid contact in... or out for that matter.
I also wear glasses. Which are fun and if you use zennioptical.com you can get sweet prescription glasses for cheap! But, that's not the point. What I have noticed is when I do wear my glasses, I seem to lose my perception of depth.
Why you ask? How about the time I was at Colleen and Allan's house, (Jory's parents) and being a titbitnipply outside I decided run out to the car in front of the fam, the fam being Jory's Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother in Law (who thinks all girls are well, wimps in the first place- and his niece and nephew)... as they are all following behind me, just slowly walking to their cars...
In their view, a tall awkward girl (coincidentally named sarah) gets to the car, looks at the neighbors big truck while it drives by, and while doing so, opens the car door quickly ... and smacks herself in the face.
My glasses pushed up to my forehead, my eyebrow and cheek already swelling, sincerely shocked at the pain I had just caused myself, I screamed and jumped in the car and started to cry. Jory got in the car and trying not to laugh comforted me a bit, and then had to explain to his brother inlaw and family that yes, "Sarah had hit her self in the face with the car door, but she's okay."
I cried the whole way home.
Yeah maybe I do hit myself in the face with passenger car doors, but it's just because I usually don't have to open them when Jory drives...I should just leave the door opening to him- I blame the whole thing on Jory actually, he can't trust me with things like 'opening my own door', you know?
OR it could be that I just don't have any sense of perception in my specs. I may or may not have whammed my self in the face with other doors since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment