Layout

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

what we'll do for a dolladolla bill... or a shed

Me and Jor are not bike people. But we'd like to be. And we're keeping our eyes peeled for some new ones. New bikes you ask? Yes, we sold our bikes this weekend.
We had the most fabulous bikes!
See below.


Amazing, right? They're original SCHWINNS! And the best part was that we paid 10$ for them- at a fairly sketchy garage sale across the street from my parents. The people who kept their 15 children home from school daily, and who wouldn't answer the door. EVER. They were weird. But, we got bikes for 10$! What we did not know about these darling things, were that, they. are. so. heavy. We rode the bikes around the block a couple times, and once- when feeling very ambitious we rode to Lindon, which in all reality is not far from Orem, but, with 30 pounds bikes (just kidding but they're heavy) we ended up having the best/worst work out of our lives. (Not including the kickboxing class Jor joined with me and my girlies- by the end his knuckles were bleeding and we wanted to strangle the teacher who was constantly yelling "YOU ARE NOT TIRED!") but... that is whole other story in an of itself.
So. We sold them. For 100$. On Ksl. In five minutes, (literally). To a man who drove from Park City to pick them up. Should we have asked 100$ a peice? I think yes. Did we get jipped a little? I also think yes.
But, like I said, we're not bike people, and we just made 100$.

Also.
We thought it would be a good idea to take the aluminum shed that was offered to us from Jor's parents ... the shed that sits next to Jory's sweet grandma's house, Grandma Crane who passed away in March. Why pay for a shed when we can take down and assemble one ourselves, for free?! So yesterday, thinking this task would be minor, we headed over.
Not minor at all.
In 3 hours we got the roof off. As well as my voice got a little raspy from screaming at spiders. Now, I know that sounds stupid. and girly. But I cannot explain to you, my fear of dark, rusty, brittle, dust covered- spiderweb infested spaces. There is nothing than can give you the heeby jeebies (dumb as well i know) more than places like that! I don't think Jory has ever seen that terrified jumpy wimpy side of me, I'm not completely sure that I have either. But, the worst is over.


It was fun to watch Jor and his manly self take apart the shed. I just oo'd and aww'd at his muscular forearms, (okay I'm done..) and held the bucket that caught all the washers from the ends of the screws. I'm a pretty hard worker. HA.

But, the best part of the night. Are you ready for this? While we were finishing up with the roof I looked over and saw a cute little Robin's nest.. I told Jory, jokingly, that we should knock that nest down to see if there are any eggs... Jory then told me I was rude - but grabbed the camera and we climbed the tree.
This is what we saw...
Totally amazing right? We were going crazy taking pictures and loving every second of it! They were so adorable and I'm guessing those babies are just days old... AT MOST! The Mama was cute and would come back, sit on her babies to keep them warm, and then she would fly away to go find worms, as soon as she flew away we would run over and snap some more pictures. It was soooo interesting.

These are from tonight. The blue egg is gone, but it still looks like there are 3 birdies. I'm thinking that white thing is what was inside the egg?
Soooo adorable!! I am now on the hunt for more birdie nests.

No comments:

Post a Comment