Layout

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cake pops!

I've always wanted to make these. Thanks Em for getting married and having a bridal shower I got the opportunity to! They are time consuming- but not too bad and they turn out so cute!


Ingred's
18.25 oz cake mix (any flavor)
2/3 of a 16 oz container of desired flavor frosting
1 bag of dipping chocolate
lolly pop sticks

Step 1. Get cake mix (any flavor) - bake as directed, then let cool for at least an hour. (Just do it before bed! Easy.) ( I used WHITE cake mix)
Step 2. Break apart cooled cake and put into mixer, mix up the cake until it's in small crumbles, then add your frosting (2/3's of container- now I didn't do that, but I wished I would have so the mixture wouldn't be so mushy. I used CREAM CHEESE frosting). Mix well.
Step 3. In bowl, put the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Step 4. Roll this fabulously delicious concoction into balls. (HINT: don't take the whole bowl out of the fridge, this mixture gets soft really quick- so I just took a fourth at a time and then rolled from there.)
Step 5. Place balls on cookie sheet covered in wax paper, slide lolly pop sticks (have no idea what else you would call them) into balls. (HINT: I found the stick and cake mix worked better when I put the sticks in side ways in the balls instead of straight up in the air. See below to understand my terrible explanation.) Place the tray in fridge/freezer to harden.
Step 6. Melt desired chocolate on a double boiler, take one pop at a time and dip in chocolate- from there put your toppings and let cool while laying it down on it's side (easiest but not cutest) or stick into styrofoam to cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment