Layout

Monday, December 3, 2012

everybody get's 1 miracle

I had this one professor in college, I will never forget his story about his miracle. His ONE miracle. He was always so annoyed about this miracle story and repeatedly said that he wasted this miracle and wished he would have used it on something else. 
But... we don't really pick our miracles, so we shouldn't be choosy. I mean, we're lucky to even have these miracles happen to us, right? Well, I've had a few "miracles" lately that make me wonder I really should have been a cat who had nine lives or something. Because I keep using up my dang miracles on bizarre things.

1st Miracle

Well, we have turtles. I'm sure some of you know that. 3 of them to be exact and their names are Petrie, Toby and Gunther. Well, when we want to feed the turties we put them separately in tupperware containers on the table, and leave them for a few hours to make sure they get full. Sometimes we get lazy and and leave the poor souls on the table in their tupperware over night because we are too lazy to put them back into their tank. Well, it was Petries turn to get neglected and we left him on the table all night long. I of course completely forgot and went to work the next morning not even noticing our green friend on the table. OR dotdotdot NOT ON THE TABLE.
Jory was the responsible man he is and realized our babe wasn't in the tank, and was most definitely not on the table. Crap. We had a turtle on the loose and had no idea where it was!!

When I got home from work we tore the house apart looking for Petrie. Nothing. Nowhere. He couldn't of gone up the stairs so we ruled that out thank goodness. We were totally shocked and couldn't believe that we couldn't find him. I was thinking it was going to be one of those mysteries that you wouldn't find out until the after life or something.

Well, to shorten this long story. A WEEK later, Jory about fell over because our dear friend Petrie scared him by just sitting there, in the middle of the tile in the kitchen. Staring up at him... all dried out and eyes sunken in. The poor thing! So Jory grabbed him and plopped him in the tank... Well. Yep. That was our miracle. Our water turtle lived for a week out of water with no food. When, honestly, we were planning on getting rid of the little guys, but now we feel like we can't because he's, well, a miracle turtle!

2nd Miracle

I love to cook. And I love to multi task. Makes me feel like super woman and it's super good for my mind and all that. Well, I run into big problems when I cook while multitasking. Because usually water runs out of pans and pans burn and our house fills up with smoke and pans get ruined, food burns and then Jory as nice as he can tells me that I need to be more careful. and I do it again. It's a terrible scenario but it repeats itself quite often.

Well, the most recent endeavor was trying to make potpourri. Which, seriously Sarah? That's asking for a disaster. Leaving a stove on for hours with liquid that will so easily evaporate and then burn your pans! So yes, of course that happened. So Jory felt like he had to step in and tell me that I could NOT do that anymore. Which I kind of agreed. But then didn't hesitate when I thought up a yummy concoction of vanilla bean and oranges. And did it again.

And all I remember doing last... was turning the burner up. Then we went dinner. Then drove to my grandparents. Watched a football. Took a dip in the hot tub. and. 4 hours later, on our way home... I remembered.
It was the longest drive of our lives.
Jory got in his mad mood where he doesn't say ANYTHING and it just made the whole car trip worse. We drove in silence picturing our house... fire trucks surrounding, smoking billowing out of the windows and flames eating our perfect little home. We pulled up- no fire trucks. no flames. I jumped out of the car, flung the door open, no smoke. I ran to the stove... and... Sarah's done it again. I turned the wrong freaking burner on! So that I guess could have been dangerous too- but it just acted like a space heater and pumped money out of pockets while staying hot for 4 plus hours. But halleluiah I turned the wrong burner on!
So that was our second Miracle. And yes, I consider it a miracle.

3rd Miracle

I'm sick of typing, so I will make it short.

My Dr.'s office didn't pre-auth my last emergency surgery. Which means they are penalized and the pt which is ME! doesn't have to pay the beautiful remaining balance of 554.09. So, they wrote it off. And me and Jory did a happy dance.

So maybe those aren't true MIRACLES but, we're pretty glad they all happened. Or...didn't happen?

1 comment: