Layout

Saturday, November 24, 2012

what I'm thankful for

(I chopped. Jory created. with pinterests help)

Since it's Thanksgiving time (I mean, sniff, since it's already over- I swear I have post holiday depression)... I wanted to do the traditional "what I'm thankful for" post because I wasn't really able to talk about it this year. I haven't been able to express my thankfulness for what I have and what I have been blessed with. So where better to write this than on a blog that no one reads? Ha, I'm glad I have my blog, I've been printing the years of the blog into books- so this is my version of a scrap book! 

I'm grateful for Utah! Crazy- I know, and I don't want to speak to soon to jinx myself... but we love living in Utah, we're grateful for our perfect little house in Lehi and most importantly we love that our families are just a 25 minute drive either north or south... it's the greatest. Jory is now starting to apply for jobs which is so exciting and so scary at the same time because we don't know which direction our lives will go. Most likely if we get a "yay" we'll stay here (fingers crossed) but if we don't get a job with where we applied- we will apply to other places around the Country and hopefully get Jory's career started as a Principal- (or vice principal). We don't find out until March or something, so I'll keep you updated. We love it so much here and we're grateful that we've been able to live here for 3 years (in April).

I'm grateful for missionaries, like my little brother. I'm grateful for prayer. I'm grateful for airplanes. For tv's and cameras. I'm grateful for nice people and kindness.  I'm grateful for creativity and for trees and colors and for music. For how perfect the gospel is. Moms and dads and brothers and how they all play that special role in your life that no one else can.

Of course... for my groom.
Sometimes I struggle getting my words out when I talk, everything get's jumbled and comes out wrong and it gets me real frustrated and it gets me into this crazy stressed mode I want to scream because I can't even SAY what I want to say- then... Jory will just look at me as calm as can be, he'll tell me simply, "just start over- it's okay, just start over." For some reason it always just makes me feel 100% better. Like it's the best idea in the world, it's okay to just start over!

 And I just love that about him. I love how simple he is. His unspoken motto is- take everything slow and be happy and ... it'll probably work out just fine. No drama. Just roll with the punches, be good, be happy and we'll be okay. I'm so grateful for him!


No comments:

Post a Comment