Layout

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

bull schmidt

(Jory's old shirt)
I had so many plans for today. You know, the productive, need-to-get-done plans. All of which have fallen through from faulty computer glitches, and... things just that seem stressful.
So. All that I can stand behind today is, a long Payson day, half a load of laundry, and really great quickly made tomato soup- which I put cream in- and now those calories are starting to make me feel guilty.
So. I'm going to blog because that always makes me feel better.

So. I'm a Schmidt. I like being a Schmidt. I thought I was going to really miss being a Sargent. 'Cause really? How great is the last name Sargent? I love it. Loved. But I'm happy being a Schmidt, especially the man that made me a Schmidt.
Yes, I too have gotten the occasional, "How many little Schmidts are you going to have?" ... snicker, snicker. "You piece of Schmidt!" Just kidding, I've never got that one. But you get the point.
So. The best part of my new (er) last name?

I heard this story a while ago, and being such a new "Schmidt" I'm not sure if I'm authorized to really tell it as if it's mine. But for all the Schmidts out there, this is for you.
Jory's Great Grandmother's name was Henrietta. Henrietta Bull. She got together with a fine young Schmidt.
They had a son. And named him Frank. Frank Bull Schmidt. Frank B. Schmidt.
And Frank my friends, is Jory's Grandpa!
I wish I got to meet the man. 100 years of Bull Schmidt and still counting! Isn't that awesome?

Speaking of prosperity. Wanna see what me and Jor's are going to look like?


Little Jorys, right? I love them. There Jory's nephews and we got to have them over for a not even 24 hours.
Last week my good friend had a baby, while visiting her in the hospital, holding that amazing newborn in my arms- I wanted nothing more than to be in my friends shoes, (especially after the labor, ha) and have that baby be mine!!
And then. We babysat those rugrats (the little Jorys). Over night. A few life threatening accidents may have occurred, lack of sleep definitely occurred and instant birth control? Yeah that may have kicked in as well.
I still love them though. Aren't they adorable!?

No comments:

Post a Comment