Layout

Sunday, November 13, 2011

snape, snape, severous snape

Sometimes being married to a teacher is pretty entertaining. This is a little late... but right before Halloween the PTA at Sage Hills Elementary put on a Harry Potta (saying all this in a completely brilliant english accent..) night. And Jory? He was dubbed to be Snape.
Snape. Snape. Severous Snape.

The night before the big Potta night, we were up "googling" videos of Snape to better Jor's mimicking the actor for the big show. Call it crazy, but this fourth grade teacher has NEVER read any of the Potta books or seen any of the movies. I take it back, he has seen the ending of the 3rd movie. Now this fact of not partaking of any of the Harry Potta goodness may be considered a sin in the fourth grade world. He doesn't talk about it much.

As you can see below, Jory, trying as hard as he can to be serious and sound "snape-ish" - he did pretty well, but trying to think quickly and come up with creative wizard vocabulary was totally hilarious. I still can't help busting up after I watch this video.... OR... It might be one of those "you just had to be there moments.." Haha.


They had wand shops... which the kids just had to give the "wands a whirl" and see if it feels right to purchase. They got to have the mysterious hat tell them which... lodge..? (You caught me... I'm not too much of a Harry Potta watcher/reader itha (either with an again, a brilliant accent). I didn't try it, but I bet if I would have- I'd been in griffindor!

The whole Potta gang.

I couldn't help but think of Jory in highschool when I saw him in that awesome wig.... HA! What do you think??

Okay, it's not THAT similar. But kind of! Ha!

We had a night of potions and goo and spells and rats. I think we were the only people there with out little kiddos running around... we're starting to get pretty used to that lately. AND don't worry we'll do something to change that eventually...

So what were our real costumes for the big hallowofeve?

PREFACE:
Please pay attention to Jory's hat, that he so studiously tried to sew... with a real sewing machine... but then got very frustrated and upset because of that darn bobbin and ... well.. we decided that the handy dandy glue gun is probably what we needed to up grade too. He's so awesome!
I'm not in the least bit sad October is over. It was beautiful, smelled like October and even the apples tasted like October. But... BRING ON the holiday season! But, not too fast. I decided that this year, I'm not going to let the Holidays fly by too fast as it always does. I'm going to grab life by the horns and start listening to Christmas music right now. I'm going to get hot chocolate and sit and stare at my Christmas tree weekly... BEFORE THANKSGIVING. That's right. I said it. Christmas. Tree. Before. Thanksgiving. I'm gonna be crazy and do it. I'm gonna soak it all in. I advise you do it too, I have a feeling it's going to be wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. I love that attitude about Christmas! I am constantly trying to hide the fact that I listen to Christmas music the day after Halloween. Time to embrace it- you're right, it's the most wonderful time of the year after all, why not have it for two months!

    ReplyDelete