Layout

Monday, April 4, 2011

Burlap Wreath


Lately it's been hard to find time to do anything that doesn't revolve around work and food. It's been pretty depressing. I did manage however to squeeze this lovely little thing into my evenings, it's taken me forever, but I really like it.

Here's the how to : )

I used about 3 yards of Burlap- but I did use a really thick wreath base, and I wished I would have used a skinnier one.

Paint your wreath.

Cut the burlap into 3" straight squares- this was definitely challenging for me, to cut in a straight line...


Fold your square in half, and then in half again-

Cut the tops of the squares off (like this)



Ruffle into a flower shape


Snip the bottom off, and glue, glue, glue, glue, glue.

Oh, and burlap's little fibers will get EVERYWHERE. It's a great idea for home made itching powder.

What is it about making something that completes you for a split moment? I love it.

2 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I love those wreaths but I'm so intimadated by how many circles or squares you have to cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Jenny. YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

    ReplyDelete