Layout

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Top 10 reasons to marry a elementary school teacher

  1. Holidays. Almost every holiday elementary schools celebrate. What do you when you celebrate? You eat! So following these class celebrations, Jory, my elementary school teacher, brings home all the left over treats, candy and “holiday gifts” given to him through out the day (how come patient’s can’t be as generous as PARENTS?!). There is NOTHING better than us (more like ME) sitting on the floor sampling all of Jor’s presents and treats. Oh, I admit it, I am terrible, but I have no holding back when it comes to Holidays.

  1. Summers off. I still think this might almost be illegal. To be paid while NOT working? I still haven’t wrapped my brain around it. I’m too jealous to write anymore about it. But I’m happy Jor gets to be home so much.

  1. Logging into FB and seeing 4 friend requests- just to find that it’s Jory’s 10 year old students. Boosts my self confidence every. time.

  1. Decorating and organizing his classroom.

  1. Being called Mrs. Schmidt.

  1. Having other people’s children take care of our animals. This week Jory and I moved our too large and in charge fish tank into his classroom. It’s nice to get a little break from our Toby and Desmond. Now if only we can teach the kids how to clean the fish tank…

  1. Having your husband, the teacher, wake you up at 3:00 am talking in his sleep… rambling about electronic random name generators and ipad based classrooms… Not something I would dream about that’s for sure. and if you’re wondering YES that does happen.

  1. Having to clean grass stains out of your husbands nice dress clothes cause he played kickball at recess again and those 6th graders just make him a little too competitive.

  1. Getting all of our gingerbread house making materials donated to us every year from the left overs from the donations for the classroom…. This really might be my number one reason for marrying Jor.

10. Costco, gas stations, and restaurants running into cute little kids that get sooo excited to see Mr. Schmidt.

1 comment:

  1. I wish he really did get paid to do nothing in the summer. The truth is he already earned that money and the school district is keeping it and portioning it out as his salary over the summer and profiting off of the money while they are at it.

    ReplyDelete