Layout

Sunday, January 9, 2011

you've gotta feel it



The other night, in lump of frustration and negativity -I fell on the couch upset about anything and everything and not really quite sure why. You know those days, where the world just isn't going your way and you hate the world for it.
...
Then you feel stupid for not knowing why you're feeling so self absorbed- so you feel bad about that and this vicious circle just traps you.

My sweetie not knowing how to help my distressed soul knew what always seems puts me in a different place, and turned some music on. The good stuff. The stuff that you can feel through your bones. While staring me right in the eyes he grabbed those tunes and danced for me until I cracked a smile.

Nothing is really that terrible. : )

And if you think it is... A little Bon Iver can cure that for you.


I feel like I haven't really ever felt so much as I have felt through music. Through church hymns, the rush of running to good song, crying to a sad one, or being in a concert where the music flows right through you. Music is wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tell you how much I adore your posts. I love how absolutely real this one is and I couldn't agree more about the being able to "feel it" through music. Nothing brightens a day faster...except of course if you adorable husband is DANCING to the music :)

    ReplyDelete