Layout

Monday, March 5, 2012

Bear

What gives someone the right to take the life of another living thing? Those words keep swirling around my head mixed with the images of my poor baby rabbit Bear laying almost lifelessly on the table in the veternarian clinic- neck crooked, eyes glassy, shaking while breathing in and out.

I decided it was best for our little man to be put to sleep tonight. He was breathing, and now he's not. Because of a choice that I made. I payed with my credit card. And in return I got a big white box. With the bottom still warm from his fuzzy little body.

I still do feel it was best- and I'm glad I lifted that lid to say goodbye to him. His eyes were closed, his head normal, and his tiny little body looked peaceful.

But I still don't think it's fair that I can make decisions like that. It sounds stupid I know, but this experience tugged at my heartstrings a little bit.


2 comments:

  1. It's always hard to put down a pet. Sorry to hear about your cute little bunny:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the saddest thing :( It just made me get all teary. Everything makes me teary these days.

    ReplyDelete