Layout

Sunday, August 28, 2011

our kindoflike children

This year was the first year I've ever actually "gardened".
We weeded... we bought fancy expensive dirt (yeah, that's a weird concept, paying for dirt...) bought seeds... transplanted plants... the whole shabang! It's been super fun. Our plants kind of seem like our children sometimes... "they're just growing up so fast... " Just kidding.

But really, we've spent a lot of time together and I've got pretty attached. I like to spend the late afternoons with them, just me, them and the hose. Oh, and you can't forgot about those stupid mosquitos... which make the experiences pretty miserable at times. My legs look really attractive and diseased from all the bumps and scabs from those blood sucking devils.

So now I'm just fascinated with gardening and all the farmer tricks. I've heard of using your own fertilizer to fertilize your plants and that that works really well! Just kidding that's really gross. We've learned a lot this year and I can't wait to see what we can grow next year. I'm trying to talk Jory into letting me turn our whole backyard into a garden but I don't think that he'll let me do that. Like I've said before he likes his lawn a little too much.

So, we saw this on youtube. Green beans (pole beans) that just grow up this teepee! It's my favorite child of mine so far. It grows SO much everyday. Jory might be embarrassed of my telling this, but one day he went out side and couldn't believe how fast it was growing, he then blurted out... " this is magical!". Yes babe. It's magical. : )

Our box. Holy moly can I just tell you how much worry these kids of ours have caused us? The Lehi wind is terrible and kept breaking the little guys right over when we first transplanted them. I'm so glad they're finally starting to be strong and grow. We've got tomatoes, peppers and a very lonely cucumber plant.

the smallest romas you've ever seen.

Do you see our red pepper?? Well, our almost red pepper, kind of like a orangeyinonespot pepper. Is it normal to take MONTHS for peppers to change colors? (red...yellow..) If you know, please shed some light.

The tomato kingdom. Our three "teenage" plants. They are just too wild, we can't really control them.

So... we don't have a ton, but it definitely gives us something to look forward to. Someday when I grow up I'll have raspberries and a garden like my mama.


Oh, and here are some pictures of the pretty flowers in the field behind us! I heart Lehi!



No comments:

Post a Comment