Layout

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

italian sodas and fortune cookies

There are a few things in my fridge and pantry that are considered "must haves". I buy them whenever I go to the grocery store and you will always find them in my house. Most of which are cheese sticks, soy milk, almonds, chicken, green onions and ... maybe fresca. But other than that... I like to alternate. I buy whatever fruits and veggies are on sale at Buylow on Wednesdays... whatever meat is cheap... basically... whatever groceries are cheap.
Anyway, I have discovered another food must have, and I sincerely request that you too get the following on your "must have" list.

Dun dun dun...
  • Sprite (or diet sprite, and on this note, I am a COMPLETE believer that cold, this soft drink tastes exactly like the orig and it's delish)
  • Ice (lots of)
  • half and half or cream or... mulk... I said MULK (milk)
  • Torani's flavoring (Yes, you will be tempted to buy a lesser expensive type of flavoring... and yes, it is nothing like Torani's, and yes, you just need to buy it.)

Italian Sodas

In a tall glass pour 2 Tablespoons of Torani's Flavoring
Fill glass with ice
Pour 3/4 the rest of the glass with sprite
Fill the remaining with your desired... dairy- as desired, only if desired. desired

I wish summer was longer so I could drink these every night for the next 3 months in the back yard.

Yum.

On the topic of YUM... One night, on another failed restaurant attempt, (Rib City -don't go there) we were leaving and ran into a friend from work who was going to eat at Rib City's neighbor... China Light Cafe. She told us it was the best Chinese she's ever had. So being the food lovers we are, me and Jor had to try this amazing Chinese Food. No we didn't go right after we had eaten at Ribcity if you were wondering. I don't think I've ever eaten at two restaurants back to back before. Ever. Really, I haven't. Not even with Charisse Williams MILLER, involving Tucanos and all you can eat French Toast at Maglbys Fresh. That didn't happen.
But honestly, we went back a different day for the Chinese.

So now we're obessed. We're also pretty sure that our fortunes are really written by Chinese people. So that's pretty fun.



Don't fortune cookies kind of remind you of beaks?
...


Jory was a lot better at making his beak look "real"... what's new


1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious!!!!!! Those sodas do sound easy and good too!!

    ReplyDelete