Layout

Sunday, July 17, 2011

we go green, we ride bikes

So, okay, we really don't go green all the time.
We don't really ride bikes that often at all, we just got them. But, we like to think we're pretty great at it.

Except... when instances like Saturday happen, after 30 minutes of your flat road bike riding- which really, I'll be honest here ... burned my child bearing hips and thighs, (no, no child bore from those hips yet if you were wondering). We got to a hill. A measly little hill. Jor yelled to me asking if we could do it, and acting like he was crazy because it was so small, I yelled back, "totally!"- easy for a pro like me, right?

Needless to say, if you were a plain jane passerby, driving down a Saratoga Springs road early Saturday morning, this is what you would have seen.
At almost the base of a hill, you know... possibly the hill was at a slight increase- but definitely not near the top. You would have seen a girl, in her early twenties, standing next to her bike. Not on her bike, trying to defeat that hill, no, she didn't make it that far. She would have been breathing hard, she was pale, and wobbling back and forth because she was dizzy and quite possibly was about to vomit.

At least one of us made it to the top. As you can read, I am absolutely terribly out of shape. Honestly, I can barely walk today. (Not sure if I should be admitting this all..) But, I promise you by the end of this summer I will conquer that hill.

Jory surprised me with these awesome new helmets. He was so excited about his green beaut. He is so cute. But, every time I look at him with his helmet on, this is what I think of. . .


Oh, I love him. (Jory, not the mushroom.)

1 comment:

  1. Get yourself signed up for a spin class. You can thank me later.

    ReplyDelete