Layout

Monday, July 25, 2011

Back in the 801... or 385??

Side note: If you're confused by the 385 someone told me Utah is adding another area code, and I think they told me it was 385. I could be wrong though. But I'm thinking I'm 76 % right on this one.

This week was a crazy week. An emotional week. We laughed, we cried, we ate way too much- (okay maybe it was just me) -but the most important part about this week was that my brother came home from his mission!!! Being the first mission homecoming in my immediate family we were all stoked as could be, maybe even blowing it a little overboard... no, I don't think so actually. It was so great to see him.

Let me set the scene for you... We were running late already to pick Jordon up from the airport... (why does that always happen on important dates!) Jory drove and all of us "back seat drivers" wouldn't lay off of him to tell him to drive faster. As some of you may know he drives like a grandma usually, but he went totally out of his comfort zone and drove 15 over. We were so appreciative. As we "app-ed" Jordon's incoming flight we found out his flight was AHEAD of schedule 5 minutes... all of our hearts sunk to our stomachs and we kept replaying Jordon coming down the escalator stairs with everyone else cheering for their homecoming missionaries and Jordon not having a familiar face in sight. That would have been awful and let's just say Jordon wouldn't have referred to us as "his family" anymore after a traumatizing event like that.

After what seemed like an eternity of swerving in and out of solid road lines, quick halts and go's ... we finally got to the drop off cite...
Jory still driving, screamed back for us all to jump and that he was going to just keep driving. He had NO TIME TO STOP!! All of us threw open the 3 car doors all at the same time and jumped out of the moving vehicle ... Just kidding. But really though, we looked and felt as though we were in a movie, Home Alone quite possibly, running through the airport, literally at a full on sprint, to make sure we could see Dodees face while coming down the stairs.

: ) We made it.


Slowly moving down the escalator stairs... our view...
brown suit pants- definitely floods, a brown vest and suit jacket-definitely a western suit, a bolo tie, and to top if off a 50 gallon cowboy hat. (just kidding I don't know the correct gallon termonology for cowboy hats). IT WAS JORDON! Best moment ever.

crappy picture I know, but it was the best I could do while shaking

Mama

I wish they always dressed like that

ahhsohappee

So how appropriate would cake pops with ties on them be to celebrate?

Like brother like sister. We can't handle the flash. I had no idea he was down with the sickness like me.. soooo good to have him home! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment