Layout

Sunday, February 20, 2011

tacos, tacos

I'm one of those who believes everything happens for a reason. I've been thinking about it lately and it's sort of mind boggling when you think about it too hard... when you try to figure out why and how certain things came to be.
But I feel like I've got somethings figured out.
Like this guy, I forget his name, but he dated one of my best friends for awhile. They seemed to be perfect for each other but in the end it didn't work out. While spending time with the two when they were dating, Jor and I found out one of this guy's most hated "quality?" about himself... he was a pit sweater. Now when I say pit sweater, I mean PIT SWEATer. He was embarrassed about it his whole life. Then, his new girl friends-best-friends-husband came a long, (Jory) who had his same self concious trait in his younger years. After many different kinds of deoderants and anti perspirants Jory conquered this unattractive habit with a 30 dollar book from amazon and a garauntee that if you don't use soap you'll stop sweating. Who woulda knew? Long story short. Jory shared his inspiration with our new friend, and changed his pit sweating life! What if my friend met this guy, just to cure his self concious sweating problems? Maybe that's not the reason. But now there's two men in this world I know of that DON'T use soap on their pits and have very minimal sized tacos.
Jory grew up in South Jordan (and boy those So jo's have got pride I tell ya), and I having grown up in Orem, we were relatively close to each other our whole adolescent lives. I like to think about if there were times when we were younger if possibly we once drove next to each other on the freeway. Or maybe if we checked each other out standing in line at a Wendy's when I was in High School. Possibly we were at opposite ends of the exact same park, and had no idea that our other half was just seconds away. Maybe we felt something and didn't quite know what it meant. Maybe? I like to think, yes.
In between semesters of college I needed a morning job and my good friend Monica told me that I should apply to Alpine School District and give my urning for Elementary Education a try. Who would have known I would have walked into this cute quirky guy Mr. Schmidt's 4th grade class room.
Thanks Monica. : )

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about that last night! Not the tacos thing (by the way you make me laugh so hard!) but about how things happen for a reason. There were so many times Eric and I could've met. It's crazy! I miss you by the way!

    ReplyDelete