Layout

Monday, September 17, 2012

GOURD

I love warty, colorful, mis-shapen gourds around fall time! 

Two years ago I stupidly tried to save some because they were just so darn cute. (and only like a buck each so I don't know why I tried?) - by popping them into one of my halloween/fall storage containers and forgetting about it until last year. When I opened up that storage container so excited to transition my house to pumpkinville I ended up being completely grossed out and disapointed with what I found. 

Moldy covered everything. My dang gourds rotted. (of course)

So, the beauty of having an empty lot behind us- I threw all of that moldy sickness out and thought nothing of it! 

Until- dot dot dot

A month or so ago we found a strange plant kabooming in the lot behind us. This monster is literally over 20 feet long.

GOURDS!






(if you have to know- yes, my hair is not brushed. or washed. or even thought about for at least 3 days when this picture was taken)

27 gourds and counting! 

1 comment:

  1. What fun:) Sorry you had moldy yuckiness, but yeah for more gords!

    ReplyDelete